[Typo3] Indexing external files

Dominic Brander dominic at typo3.org
Fri Apr 8 20:41:31 CEST 2005

hi bernhard

Kraft Bernhard wrote:
> I've just installed the indexed search engine and set it up ... it
> worked like a charm
> with normal pages.
>
> But now I wanted it to index external files. If I upload them as normal
> content elements
> this works quite well but I want to let files which get uploaded by a
> self-written extension
> to get indexed.

the files are not indexed when they are uploaded but as soon as you hit
the FE.
if there is in the FE no link to the file direcly (<a
href="myfile.pdf">) the indexer does not "see" the file and your pdf
will not be indexed.
this happens eg. in the mit_download ext too.

another reason could be, that your ext. is set to "not cached".

> Is there some kind of API call which I can use to index files ?

I do not know - but I think the API is the indexer itself ;-)

cheers
dominic