[Typo3] class.t3lib_db.php and CONCAT

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Fri Apr 8 11:19:09 CEST 2005

Hi Ries.

Ries van Twisk wrote:
> I don't want to be a pain  in K's ass..... and I know that he has done a

I certainly hope so! :)

> great job on DBAL (All my code is DBAL compliant...) but what about
> dropping DBAL and make the interface nativly adodb?

Well, maybe for TYPO3 v5. Honestly, this *has* been discussed, and since the
majority of people use MySQL for TYPO3, it has been done this way. Almost
zero impact when using MySQL (plus almost no need for code rewriting) has
been traded for some dark spots.

A complete switch won't be done anytime soon.

Regards,
Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns