[Typo3] Page loads greater than 50 secs involving table cache_hash

Paul Matthews paul at xedos.net
Fri Apr 8 02:33:22 CEST 2005

Hi,

I seem to have a rather strange problem which I have been wrestling with
for about 3 weeks when using typo3.6.1 and mysql 4.1.0. Any page load on
my site is taking about 50 secs according to microtime(). This evening I
think I have pinned it down to select statements involving the table
cache_hash as individually they are taking about 12 seconds. Other sql
statements not involving this table are fast.  I have no idea why this is,
as the same sql statement from the command line takes milliseconds.
Strangely, though, if I apply debug by setting error=1 (line 792 of
t3lib/class.t3lib_db.php and var $debugOutput = TRUE (line 135 of the same
file) I can see that the statement is woring i.e it is able to "select
content from cache_hash where hash = "...." .

I can only think it may be something to do with the need for back ticks
wherever the column name "hash" is used as this is a reserved word in
mysql 4. For this reason I had to change files
class.t3lib_page.php, class.t3lib_db.php, class.t3lib_install.php,
class.t3lib_befunc.php modifying any column reference hash to `hash` in
order not to receive mysql errors both during installation and normal
running. Even though the errors have stopped I can only think the problem
lays in this area.

Any help most appreciated as I have pretty much run out of ideas

Thanks
Paul