[Typo3] how to remove admin panel?

Tyler Kraft headhunterxiii at yahoo.ca
Thu Apr 7 16:22:53 CEST 2005

Hi Miguel

> Done! Sorry about that.
Thank you ;-)

> No, I haven't but you must realize that there's a lot of documents to
> read and is very difficult to a newbie (like me) to determine which
> one has the relevant information.

I understand that and I dont think anyone expects you to remember
everything.  So here is what i think, for docs I feel the essentials are
TSref (most important), TSconfig(very important), and a few of the
templating ones (until you understand typoscript a lot better they will
give good examples).

Others are obviously the manual for whatever extension your trying to
deal with, Typoscript Syntax an in-depth and Typoscript by Example.

>>2) have you tried page.config.admPanel = 0? (from the manual)
> This I haven't tried and it's the solution!
Good problem solved ;-)

> Is the manual wrong or am I missing something?
Neither... sometimes stuff just doesnt always work the way you expect it
to.  T3 is so big and can be so complex that paitence and perseverance
are the most valuable asset you can have.

> Sorry if I bother you with naive questions, but keep in mind that I
> don't have the experience you probably have, so simple things for you
> could be real challenges for me :)

There are no naive questions.  My point was that you should have started
with just a search for amdPanel both on the archives but the
documentation and then read everything you found.  I'm sure two of the
first things out of documentation would have been tsref and tsconfig,
and on the archives amdPanel would have given you lots of posts in the
lists, howtos and faqs.

Everyones been there, and especially with Typo3 i think... and trust me
after two years with it i'm still trying to figure out parts of it. And
somethings that you think should be simple will end up being the most
complicated thing...

Hope that helps a bit, didnt mean to flame you just had been up for a
few days at that point.

tyler