[Typo3] BE not accessible anymore

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Thu Apr 7 11:04:20 CEST 2005

hi paolo

Paolo Nugnes wrote:
> Ok, I admit it, I made a savage installation of extensions so I cannot
> report the real cause of the problem.
> The fact is that after my wildness put-in-everything-you-can, me and the
> other admins (neither other BE users) can't get into BE anymore.
> It's a login error:
> "Login-error - Yeah, that's a classic. No cookies, no TYPO3. - Please
> accept cookies from TYPO3 - otherwise you'll not be able to use the
> system."
>
> But all cookies are accepted from the browsers we use, I'm sure about it!
> Probably I made an ext installation without right-configuring it, probably
> more, and now I don't really know I can I get out the problem.
>
> Can you help me to enter the BE again?

you'll need ftp- or better shell access to your installation.
Then I would suggest you delete the both temp_CACHED... files in the folder
typo3conf. After this you'll have to find the "bad" extension(s) and delete
them. maybe you could try to rename the folder typo3conf/ext to something
like ext_bak. This will disable all local extensions.
If this does not help -> try and error ;-) -> go to the folder typo3/ext and
disable some of the new installed extensions (look at the folder dates) by
renaming or deleting them.

good luck

rupi