[Typo3] ANB (another newbie question)

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Thu Apr 7 10:30:00 CEST 2005

Matteo Anceschi wrote:

> I know this will be a terrible newbie question, and perhaps the answer
> is written in a doc I've already read, but I've now a melting pot in my
> brain :(

Cool down :)

> Problems:
> 1) It's a normal t3 behaviour not deleting fields (added in a table by
> an extension) when uninstall the related extension?

The unneded fields can get removed with the Database Analyzer from the Install
Tool. Just click on Compare. In a first step the Analyzer will rename all unused
fields to zzz_fieldname and all unused tables to zzz_tablename. You can then test
if still everything works as expected and if it does you can go to the Analyzer
again and click compare and now it will allow you to delete those zzz_thingys

> This is trivial to do, and obviously when I modify ext_tables.sql, for
> this extension (in the ext manager) typ3 says: "UPDATE NEEDED" for the
> database. It's ok, and I do the update.
> The problem is that from now the "UPDATE NEEDED" stays forever,
> displaying identical old and new field definitions; if I do the update
> again, nothing changes, it still remain. And in the extension manager of
> tx_tmplselect, (view: "information") says "table field are missing or
> wrong".

There is a little difference between the data the extManager retrieved from the
Database and your defined values. Pherhaps the IS NULL is invalid or the Default ''
or it is case sensitive on the varchar() arguments.

Just make a database dump of the concerened table and copy the field definitions from
the dump over to the ext_tables.php file ... this will help.

greets,
Bernhard
--
Kraft Bernhard