[Typo3] Static home page?

Nick Weisser typo3 at openstream.ch
Thu Apr 7 08:49:08 CEST 2005

Daniel Rodriguez wrote:

> At this moment I'm needing to put some static data or page as default content for first page. Some kind of presentation or introduction to indoors information available. In other words, themes/categories containing most important/relevant site's stuff.
>
> So, can you tell me how-to make something like described above.

You could e.g. put Typo3 in a subfolder and put your static page into
your web server's root folder as index.html:

~/public_html/index.html --> static page
~/public_html/typo3.8.0/index.php --> Typo3's index page

If you want to have the static page inside Typo3, though, you have to
create a very basic Typo3 template for the start page and then insert
your static content with the "Plain HTML" content element. If this
"static" page has got some PHP in it, you first need to install this
extension:

http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/page_php_content/

For all other pages you use your "real" Typo3 template...

Nick