[Typo3] caching does strange things to pagecontent

Paul-Ludwig Lott typo3 at pluti.de
Tue Apr 5 15:02:04 CEST 2005

Hi List!

I'm currently porting 2 formerly static websites to typo3. Development
took place on a local XAMP-Server and went (relatively) smooth.

After uploading to the webserver and importing the database some strange
effects turned up: Frequently after a few pages have been served, the
page content gets corrupted. The double quotes surrounding links or
class definitions get "escaped" by a trailing backslash. Strangely this
doesn't happen to parts of the page that are taken directly from the
page-template.

Example:

The first div comes from the template, the second one is part of a
dynamically generated menu.

Clearing all Cache in the backend solves the problem, but only
temporarily. So I suspected something in the cache mechanism of Typo3 to
cause this problem. As a workaround I have tried to disable caching
completely by setting "page.config.no_cache = true" in the Setup-section
of my template - to no effect. So either the option above doesn't work,
or "Clear all Cache" does something more behind the scenes than its name
sugests..

I've already tried a clean install of typo3 on the webserver - same results.

Any help would be greatly appeciated!

Best Regards
Paul-Ludwig