[Typo3] class.t3lib_db.php and CONCAT

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Tue Apr 5 11:41:29 CEST 2005

Hi list.

 While working on my taskforce extension I ran into a problem I wasn't able
to solve using the available docs.
I have got a field containing a list of CSV values.
This field is to be updated by different FE users.
They have to select a value with a select box and then the pair
"username:value" should be added to the CSV list.
To prevent the field from a "last one who saves wins" scenario I don't want
to get the original value, concatenate the new value and save the whole
string back.
I already got a solution to save the string directly with MySQL UPDATE and
CONCAT.
This way the DB is locked each time a value is written and nothing will be
lost.
The problem is, I didn't find any DB function to do this kind of UPDATE.

Since I am not that firm with other Databases I just wanted to ask:
Is this a special MySQL function that is not available for other DB?
If not: Is there a function I've been missing in class.t3lib_db.php that is
able to do what I described?
If yes: Is there a workaround that will keep my code "DBAL compatible"?

TIA

Joey

(If you have now clues: simply shut your gob sometimes!)
Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau