[Typo3] official TYPO3 book in english

Boris Senker typo3 at dvotocka.hr
Mon Apr 4 14:35:58 CEST 2005

Hello Patrice,

news:mailman.841.1112472738.19001.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> "Boris Senker" <typo3 at dvotocka.hr> writes:
>
>> Oh, come on... is this going to be someone's answer every time
>> someone asks for an English book version?
>
> Usually people in the German speaking part of the world are constantly
> asking for German book versions. They get the same answer as Stefano
> just got. And not just as a bad joke but for real. I guess it's just
> odd for us, that for once it's the other way round.

So erm... should we in Croatia start applying the same to tourists from
Germany?
'Sprechen sie Deutsch'? 'Learn Croatian, this is a nice oportunity'. I
believe you see
the parallel here, and believe you see how a German visitor would react to
this.

> But you probably never had a better reason to learn German. It was
> definitely my reason to improve my English (and have fun at the same
> time).

To be honest, German is rather nice to my ears. But far nicer to my ears are
French,
Russian, Hebrew... so if I had time, I would learn one of those languages,
or renew my knowledge of Latin, maybe. But that's a subjective opinion.

However, it's not like us, the English speaker users, are asking for English
version because
we just came up with it. The first I heard of TYPO3 book was in the context
of 'with the
English translation comin up'. So we are asking on something that was
announced.

And however German may be spread in Europe, and a nice language, and I have
spent wonderful 5 months
in Munchen several years ago, I don't find it even polite that, when someone
asks for an English translation,
he is instructed to learn German. Especially this is the second time related
to the TYPO3 book that this is implied by someone.

But that's just my 2 cents, so hopefully no one gets insulted.

Boris Senker

: dvotocka design

Graphic Design for Print and Web, Prepress, Website Production

J. Laurencica 8, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
http://www.dvotocka.hr