[Typo3] What would you expect of a TYPO3 webhost?

Daniel Parrott danpm44 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 4 06:33:46 CEST 2005

Hi Boris,

Briefly,
- I believe SSH access is a must.  Much nicer to go in with vim and poke
  around or use rsync on fileadmin/ than to ftp stuff about.
- I've had sometrouble with Red Hat using their own strange regex engine
  with PHP that caused some problems with Typo3; think that's fixed on
  recent (since 7.?) RH though.  For that matter had trouble with
  /dev/random freezing but that's a long-gone RH kernel bug.
- Advice on allowFollowSymLinks - if you don't allow it or allow it to
  be changed in .htaccess, it could help to advise your customers to
  copy the index.php and showpic.php files into their site's local
  directory.
- All the ImageMagick, GDLib, FreeType bells and whistles in the right
  versions - but you've said elsewhere you've got that covered anyway.
- For a small Typo3 site I'd want at least 100Mb.

Otherwise just good service...

HTH,
Daniel