[Typo3] chc_forum rendering quotes

Zach Davis zach at castironcoding.com
Sun Apr 3 22:56:40 CEST 2005

Zach Davis wrote:
> Steve Webster wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Just installed the latest version of chc_forum (1.2.0).
>>
>> When I quote an existing message the quoted text displays exactly the
>> same as  the rest of the post therefore it is very hard to distinguish
>> which part of the post is a quote and which is your comments.
>>
>> I seem to recall from a previous version that the quoted text was
>> rendered slightly differently, using it's own DIV tag I assume.  Can
>> remember whether it was just a visual thing or whether it even said
>> "Joe Bloggs said..." around the quoted text.
>>
>> Anybody else experience the same or offer any suggestions, took a look
>> round the code but can't see anything obvious, rest of my setup seems
>> to work OK.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Webbo

Seems to be working fine for me -- send me the HTML for the post with
the quoted text in it (off list is fine). There should be a div tag
there, and the styles for the div tag should be in the default
typoscript for the forum. Are you using custom forum styles, because
that could cause it. The actual HTML that wraps the quote is a wrap
that's declared in the forum typoscript setup.

Zach