[Typo3] [TYPO3]Help needed in workflow

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Sun Apr 3 22:35:54 CEST 2005

Mark Gillingham wrote:
(...)
> Let me try to help. The Task Center Module is your friend when doing
> workflow. As I understand what you wish and how Typ03 works, you would
> have user2 begin a workflow task and direct it to user1. When user1 has
> completed the task, s/he would send the workflow message back to user2,
> who would publish the page and close the task by checking the "done"
> checkbox.
(...)

But how can you allow user1 to initiate the workflow himself (without
having user2 to direct the workflow task to him before), without being
able to publish the produced document? From what I can tell this is not
possible yet, because the only way to let user1 initiate a workflow
himself would be to leet him create the workflow. And the creater of a
workflow is automatically the owner of it and thus he - and only he! -
has the right to publish the documtents.

Regards,
Ro