[Typo3] Everybody's blind ?

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sun Apr 3 11:27:27 CEST 2005

> Hi, i'm really surprise on seeing bad quality's GMENU, on many huge
> typo3 websites ( typo3.org, dassault, typo3.fr ).
>
> I've made an example of what i want, but is it possible ?
> How to make gifbuilder generate beautifull antialias fonts ?

1:
Don't use attachments! - Upload the images to a server and send a link.

2:
Which one do you want, "Community" or "Teams"?
I would choose "Community" ...

3:
If you want something looking like "teams", use a TMENU. IMHO that's not
antialiased but simply a "blocky" screenfont-look.
If you want something like "Community" but less blurred, simply create the
image at double size without nicetext, sharpen it with EFFECT and scale it
down to the original size with SCALE as the last two steps in GIFBUILDER.

4:
If you just want white Arial or Verdana on orange background don't use GMENU
at all since those or similar fonts are available on almost any system. It
will be better using a <ul>/<li>-based TMENU and CSS hovers especially
regarding accessibility guidelines.

last but not least:
Maybe your first posting on the list should not start with an innuendo.
My eyesight is at over 100% and I am using TYPO3 for 3 years now. Never had
a problem with the GIFBUILDER quality.

 ;-)

Joey

(If you have now clues: simply shut your gob sometimes!)
Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau