[Typo3] Right-To-Left GIFBUILDER TEXT object property

"Jesús H." cyNOSPAM at ya.com
Sat Apr 2 15:20:01 CEST 2005

Dear Ahmad,

I know that although I can't read it or write it (I am Spanish :)). They
connect toghether depending on the letter combination. I already was
able to call a function (Thanks to Joey [JoH]) to reverse the characters.

As well is already done on the example scripts in /media/scripts
directory that parses the title of the page and put it RTL when passes
it to GIFBUILDER.

Now I face the problem you mention; they are in the right possition but
they don't connect. So I've been checking for algorythms that can check
the possition of the letter and swap it on the fly for the connected one
depending on the next.

The only one I've found is based on character possition of the map which
you have to hardcode in an array, and seems the only option by now for
us to work with. I didn't made it to work. It is ready for UTF-8 but in
typo3 the lang charset for Arabic as you know is windows-1256. So we
should pass it by a PHP function called utf8_encoder (if I don't
remember bad) and then return it back to the GIFBUILDER whom will do our
  job. I

Anyway that is my main idea by now. If I archieve this task I'll make it
public so maybe can be implemented in GIFBUILDER, or as an external PHP
userfunction, meanwhile the IM Group implement it on their software.

If you or anybody knows anything about a script that can do this joining
calculation of the characters, please post it so I can check them as well.

The one I've found was at phpclasses.org.

Best regards,

Jesús H.