[Typo3] Sample Typoscript: TYPO3 In Arabic

Reuven Cohen ruv at ruv.net
Sat Apr 2 06:26:33 CEST 2005

I've received serveral emails lately from people interested in how I setup
sites in none latin character sets, arabic, hebrew etc.

The the default is left to right and the second is Right to left, its
actually fairly simple to do.

# English Wrap
temp.pagecontent = COBJ_ARRAY
temp.pagecontent {

 5 = HTML
 5.value = <div class="english">

 6 < styles.content.get

 7 = HTML
 7.value = </div>

}

#Arabic / Hebrew Wrap
[globalVar = GP:L = 1]

temp.pagecontent = COBJ_ARRAY
temp.pagecontent {

 5 = HTML
 5.value = <div style="text-align:right;" dir=rtl><font face="Simplified
Arabic">

 6 < styles.content.get

 7 = HTML
 7.value = </font></div>

}

#Inside Elements
   subparts.pagetitle < temp.pagetitle

# Modified or inserted by TYPO3 Install Tool into localconf.php
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["BE"]["forceCharset"] = 'utf-8';

I also use the 'rtehtmlarea' instead of the default typo3 RTE.

I hope this helps.  Email me and I'll send you a T3D dump of the templates.

Reuven Cohen
www.enomaly.com