[Typo3] Consultancies Database

Amy Stinson tzaia at stinsonfamily.com
Fri Apr 1 03:53:54 CEST 2005

Hello List,

I feel I've made great progress.  My first TYPO3 site has been a great success.  My
high school alumni assoc president is happy.

Now I'm working on one of *my* sites.  We put it up in 1997 using Frontpage on a
NT server on a dedicated dialup connection.  After a drive died earlier in the month
we decided to move it over to TYPO3.  This site has been a #1 ranked site on
Google and Yahoo for ages for machine knitting, so it's real important to get it up
and running ASAP before it falls off.  We've got a shell up, but I'm struggling with a
few things.

Today I  implemented the front-end user and can add myself.  Now I've added the
"consultancies" database extension.  My plan is to use it as a database for knitting
professionals (yup there are people who do it for a living).  If there is some written
docs on this, feel free to point me to them.  I've read everything in the english
archives, but I'm stuck.

Here are the steps I've taken:

I used the sr_feuser_register extension (but I set up the feuser_admin as well)
because it had documentation for the front end admin.  It's working fine.

I set up a user "sys" folder with 2 groups.  1 is preconfirm, the other is subscriber.

I can successfully add myself as a user from the front end (hurrah)

Now I want to set myself up as a "consultancy".

I added the consultancy extension and the references extension (for good
measure).

I set up a page and added the setup.txt to the extension template
I added the the editor.cfg stuff to the extension template
I made the starting point the user "sys" folder.
I made changes so it would point to the sys folder, etc.

I can successfully add myself, but I get this:

"The database is updated with the new information. However the record will not be
visible on the website before it has been authorized by the moderator. You will be
notified when that happen"

Heck if I know where it's being stored, or where I can find it to "approve" it as a
backend user.  I don't see it in the user "sys" folder, but I can bring it up and edit it
from the front end.  If I add it from the back end, it's still nowhere to be found.

If someone in the USA knows how to do this, please feel free to call me on my 888
number (888) 797 -2697 (AMYS) during the week during the day (EST) and I will be
more than happy to document it for everyone else.

And oh, BTW I will be *very* interested in a paypal subscriber extension.  I'm really
surprised no one has done it yet.

Amy

Amy Stinson
Amy's Answers, LLC