[TYPO3-dev] Custom query: select alias with constraints

Darryl Meganoski dmeganoski at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 23:05:06 CET 2018

Hello all, I am a mildly experienced developer, just recently learning typo3.

I am tasked with converting an older typo3 extension to the new extbase framework.

I am currently working with version 7.6.

I need to be able to alias a field as some mathematical calculations are needed.

I can do this with a raw sql statement, but I would also like to leverage the built-in escaping features of the query.

It seems that when I use a raw sql statement with ->statement(), any constraints are ignored.

What would be the suggested way to go about this?