[TYPO3-dev] Page events/Signals/Hooks

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Sat Aug 11 04:16:12 CEST 2018

Hi,

On 04/11/2018 01:11 PM, Vikram Mandal wrote:

> I want to perform some action when there is any page event like new
> page, edit page, even on edit page content. Where can I look/find about
> this. Anyone have tried this? Any thoughts. Is there any Signals/Hooks?

I would use the hooks available in "DataHandler" class:

typo3/sysext/core/Classes/DataHandling/DataHandler.php

The method "process_datamap" get's called for every create/update of ANY
record within the BE. The method "process_cmdmap" get called for
copy/move/delete/undelete operations within the BE.

I guess you could hook in there. Maybe you want to have a look at my
extension EXT:kb_nescefe in the extension repository. This extension
allows to create contenten-element containers and therefore also hooks
into the mentioned class. Maybe you can use the
"kb_nescefe/Classes/Hooks/DataHandler.php" class as basis for your work.

greetings,
Bernhard