[TYPO3-dev] TCA Input time

Andreas Fragner typo3 at hartundweich.at
Mon Sep 25 11:04:09 CEST 2017

Hello,

I've develeopped an extension storing a time field in the database as UTC Timestamp. When storing the value in the database the given time is put tu UTC and when reading it out it is converted to local time zone. I've solved this by using my own additional validator, using evaluateFieldValue to store the correct value to the database and using deevaluateFieldValue function to read it out correctly when editing my record.
When upgrading this Typo3 instance to V8 I notived some changes in how values get passed to my evaluator. As of V7 the value was integer - now it is a string containing the whole information (Date, Time, Offset/Timezone). So I changed my evaluator to get the expected values.

BUT: the deevaluateFieldValue function is not called any more.

Is there possibility to get this working again? Or do I have to refactor my whole extension?

Thank you for having a look on my problem.... feel free to contact me if you have to know something additional.

Domain model declaration is:

    /**
     * startTime
     *