[TYPO3-dev] Translating records with ExtBase under 7.6

Jan Bednarik info at bednarik.org
Sat Nov 18 19:20:52 CET 2017

Hi,

I'm creating records via FE and I'd like to translate them in FE as
well. So far, what I've done is

1) Create record
2) Persist it
3) Create new record and copy all props from the original (except UID)
4) Set language and parent
5) Persist the translation
6) Redirect to edit

#6 is where things go wrong. Although URL contains ID of the
translation, I always get the original. If I somehow manage to get the
translation at this point, then updating it updates the parent still. I
found a few bug reports and one stated that this will be fixed in TYPO3
9. Is that true? Isn't there any way how to achive this under 7.6?

Jan