[TYPO3-dev] Incorrect downloads in extension "bnbfilesharing"

Michael Gantenbrinker gantenbrinker at langen-reiss.de
Thu May 4 10:04:32 CEST 2017

Hello,

we are using the extension "bnbfilesharing" in some of our projects.

Recently, one of our customers encountered problems when handling binary files, such as Powerpoint-presentations, Word-documents etc. The problem was, that the customer could not open the files after downloading.

We found, that the files were uploaded correctly, but after downloading, there had been added three new lines (0x0d 0x0a 0x0a 0x0a) to every file. These three blank lines appear also in the HTML-code of the page.

Further more, we found that there are some blank lines outside the PHP-block in the files "Folder.php", "FolderRepository.php" and "FilesRepository.php".

The solution is, to delete these lines, so that there are no characters outside the PHP-block.

Due to the fact, that this extension is an older one and we are not sure, that it will be updated, we post the solution here and hope, that it might be helpful for someone.

Best regards,
Michael Gantenbrinker