[TYPO3-dev] How to keep a extbase extension compatible between TYPO3 versions

Ivano Luberti luberti at archicoop.it
Mon Apr 10 14:05:08 CEST 2017

I guess you will be more succesful writing on one TYPO3 slack channel
where all deves are concentrated today.

AFAIK there are no specific guidelines that are not common sense.

Personally I take care not using deprecated methods and properties and
when it woths it I encapsulate calls to API in my own classes methods to
isolate them

Il 06/04/2017 08:48, Marcus Bieber ha scritto:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I was wandering if there is a guide/links/tips to find informations
> about what to do to keep a extbase extension compatible through TYPO3
> Versions.
>
> What would be the plan to be compatible for 6.2 LTS, 7 LTS to 8 LTS or
> 7 LTS to 8 LTS
>
> I have a 6.2 extbase extension in some customer projects which will
> update in different times to different Versions. Don't ask.... customers.
> And I'm looking for a good strategy to keep the effort low.
> I couldn't find something official. Is there?
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice.
>
> Regards Marcus

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa