[TYPO3-dev] Re: Howto define processedFiles folder for each feuser within extension

Andreas Haubold info at andreas-haubold.de
Mon Nov 7 21:35:11 CET 2016

Hello Florian,

thanks a lot for your reply. Sorry that I didn't explained clearly what my intention was. The upload worked quite well and I did it in the way you explained. The problem was the download where the ext:fal_securedownload realy helped out. The only problem left is to redirect the user correctly if not authenticated.

For the upload I created a type converter method and a small StorageUtility. The type converter is called in the intitializeCreateAction of the controller.

 /**
     * Set type converter configuration
     *
     * @param string $argumentName
     * @return void
     */
    protected function setTypeConverterConfigurationForImageUpload($argumentName)
    {
        $uploadConfiguration = array(
            UploadedFileReferenceConverter::CONFIGURATION_ALLOWED_FILE_EXTENSIONS => $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['GFX']['imagefile_ext'],
            UploadedFileReferenceConverter::CONFIGURATION_UPLOAD_FOLDER => $this->storageUtility->getUploadFolderOfUser(),
        );
       [..]
    }

In the StorageUtility the upload folder of the account the user belongs to is resolved.

    /**
     * Returns the upload folder as string ([storageUid]:/[accountUid], e.g. '2:/16')
     *
     * @return string
     */
    public static function getUploadFolderOfUser()
    {
        $settings = ConfigurationService::getPluginSettings();

        return $settings['falStorageUid'] . ':/' . self::getFolderIdentifier() . '/';
    }

    /**
     * Returns the folder identifier which belongs to a user (the accountUid)
     *
     * @return int
     */
    public static function getFolderIdentifier()
    {
        return $GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->user['tx_myextension_domain_model_account'];
    }

Best
Andreas