[TYPO3-dev] How to include DataTables in the BE of TYPO3 7.6.x and above

Michael Schams typo3 at 2016.schams.net
Sat Mar 12 12:41:09 CET 2016

On Thu, 2016-03-10 at 14:01 +1100, Michael Schams wrote:

> What is the best way to include the jQuery plug-in DataTables [1] in the
> Backend of TYPO3 CMS 7.6 and how can I use it?

Problem solved (after spending some hours and digging through the code).

The best way seems to be to include JS libs as modules (AMD) using
require.js, which may take some time to get your head around it
(require.js is pretty straight forward but I struggled with the naming
conventions required for TYPO3 for a while).

This conversation (and especially the post from Wouter Wolters) pointed
me in the right direction:

http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-dev/2015-July/049916.html

Now I am able to use libraries shipped with TYPO3 [1] as well as my own
libraries as required (if they are proper modules).

Cheers
Michael

[1]
https://git.typo3.org/Packages/TYPO3.CMS.git/tree/HEAD:/typo3/sysext/core/Resources/Public/JavaScript/Contrib