[TYPO3-dev] How to create custom modules in Typo3 7.6.2

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Mar 8 07:26:22 CET 2016

Hi,

On 02/03/2016 12:33, puneeth kumar wrote:
>      I am new to Typo3, I am using typo3 since last few days, I want to
> know how to create custom modules in typo3. If any one developed custom
> module the please share me the sample custom module.

Both the core and TER are full of (system)extensions that provide one or
more backend modules.

If you plan to use extbase to write the code I'd advise to have a look
at the book by Patrick Lobacher and Michael Schams [1]. It shows you how
to write both frontend plugins and backend modules, how to register them
and how to use templates to make them fit in with the rest of the TYPO3
backend.

Many well-known extensions provide a backend module. You could have a
look at their code and see how they register the module and how the code
and templates of the module are built.

[1] https://leanpub.com/typo3extbase-en

--
Jigal van Hemert