[TYPO3-dev] update custom field/column in MM table

NGUYEN Duc Quan quan at apart.lu
Tue Jan 26 10:07:36 CET 2016

Hi,

I am currently stuck with a problem on how to manipulate (edit/update) a additional fields/columns from a MM table. I am working with typo3 7.6.2 and developing in extbase/fluid.

I sat up the MM relation between table A and table B in the TCA with the required fields (uid_local, uid_foreign, ...). Everything works fine when I add an object of type B to an object of type A. The repository that handles the type/table B inserts the necessary entry in the MM table.

Now I want to add the fields updated and flagged to the MM table. So I updated the create table query in the ext_tables.sql file.

The problem now is, how do I access from the repository for the table B the added fields updated and flagged so that I can change their values? is this even currently possible?

I would do some raw database manipulation but this implies verifications and handlings (does the entry in MM table already exists, is the entry unique, ...) to be added. Also this solution doesn't seem to be a proper solution since it also means that I might work around typo3 extbase control-flows.

Thanks,
Quan