[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 7.6.2: Best practice to access foreign database within backend module

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Jan 7 08:56:33 CET 2016

Hi,

On 05/01/2016 19:23, Patrick Rodacker wrote:
> I wonder if there is any best practice approach to access a "second"
> foreign database from within an extbase backend module in 7.6.2.

You can use the system extension "dbal" to configure an extra database
connection (also to an extra MySQL database). You can even map the table
and column names in the external database to names that are compatible
with the TYPO3 naming scheme.

The queries will automatically be executed on the second database and
Extbase will be completely unaware of the extra database.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!