[TYPO3-dev] mirrors.xml.gz file includes HTTP headers, curl settings bug?

Paul Buechler buechlerml at hdpnet.de
Thu Feb 25 11:40:06 CET 2016

Hello there,

I have the problem that the TER update fails. We figured out that the
mirrors.xml.gz file is the problem and that it includes a HTTP Header
which looks like this:

<snip>
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 09:25:51 GMT
Server: Apache
Last-Modified: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 19:40:36 GMT
ETag: "fa5de6-109-52a2dbe316ea2"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

BINARY DATA...
</snip>

After a lot of testing we could solve the problem by editting this file:
typo3_src-7.6.4/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Utility/GeneralUtility.php.
So we changed the following line, that it won't include the header:

//curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, !$followLocationSucceeded ||
$includeHeader ? 1 : 0);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);

Is this a known problem and is there a better solution than manually
editing files?

Best regards,
Paul

These are our system information:

OS:Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
Webserver:Apache/2.4.7
PHP:5.5.9-1ubuntu4.14
PHP-CURL: 5.5.9+dfsg-1ubuntu4.14
Proxy:Squid 3.1.19-1ubuntu3.12.04.4
Typo3: 7.6.4

settings php.ini:

disable_functions =
pcntl_alarm,pcntl_fork,pcntl_waitpid,pcntl_wait,pcntl_wifexited,
pcntl_wifstopped,pcntl_wifsignaled,pcntl_wexitstatus,pcntl_wtermsig,
pcntl_wstopsig,pcntl_signal,pcntl_signal_dispatch,pcntl_get_last_error,
pcntl_strerror,pcntl_sigprocmask,pcntl_sigwaitinfo,pcntl_sigtimedwait,
pcntl_exec,pcntl_getpriority,pcntl_setpriority

open_basedir =
"/var/www:/tmp:/usr/share/lib/php:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:
/usr/share/pear:/var/lib/php5:/var/run/php5:/etc/php5:/etc/pear:
/usr/bin/pear:/usr/bin/peardev:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin"

settings LocalConfiguration.php:

'HTTP' => [
'adapter' => 'curl',
'proxy_host' => '1.2.3.4',