[TYPO3-dev] Check if BE user is logged in

Felipe Rodriguez felipe at netnnet.de
Mon Feb 15 13:38:33 CET 2016

Hi Sebastian, thanks for the answer.

Unfortunately this doesn't solve my problem. The $GLOBALS['BE_USER'] is still NULL. But I might have a better understanding of what is happening... I checked when the $BE_USER is created with the $TSFE->initializeBackendUser(); method. TYPO3 looks for a cookie called be_typo_user which in my case doesn't exists for my current domain.

More precisely this is what is happening: I access the typo3 backend using www.domain.tld/typo3. In this installation I have two websites, one with domain www.domain.tld and the other with domain www.sub.domain.tld. The extension from which I'm calling the $GLOBALS['TSFE']->isBackendUserLoggedIn() instruction is under the second domain (i.e. under www.sub.domain.tld) which makes me think it searches for a cookie called be_typo_user whithin this domain which actually doesn't exists.

Could this be the problem? In that case I still don't know how to solve it. Hope this explains a bit more my problem.

Kind regards,
Felipe