[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 CMS 8 and REST API

Michael Schams typo3 at 2016.schams.net
Sun Apr 24 10:20:27 CEST 2016

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks for your feedback! Regarding TYPO3 core vs. extension: at the end
of the day, I don't care if the core provides such a feature or an
extension - as long as the extension is robust, stable/secure, actively
maintained and follows the quality guidelines of the core :-)

Keeping the core slim is also a good idea and general practise already.

I can not assess if it makes sense more than for a feature like a REST
API to have it in the core or as an extension (maybe someone from the
core team has an opinion and wants to comment on this?).

@Jürgen: do you have some concrete suggestions what should be changed in
the core in v8 to make your life easier? Maybe it's worth a discussion?
Maybe you can start an initiative?

Cheers
Michael