[TYPO3-dev] PDF Thumb creation

Johannes Mueller j.f.mueller at gmx.de
Mon Sep 21 23:03:11 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to get a jpeg from a pdf via the following:

$file = $fileReference->getOriginalResource()->getOriginalFile();
$settings['additionalParameters'] = '-quality 80';
$settings['fileExtension'] = 'jpg';
$settings['width'] = $width;
$file->process(\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Resource\ProcessedFile::CONTEXT_IMAGECROPSCALEMASK

All is good and the file gets created. But around the generated image a
thick black border is visible.
I uploaded an example generated file here:
http://monkeyandmind.de/pics/black.jpg

Any ideas?

Of course I could mess around with GraphicalFunctions and keep track of the
image processed information by myself, but I really like the $file->process
functionality... So perhaps I could fix it with proper settings or
something like this.

Thanks!

J. M.
--