[TYPO3-dev] Question about TYPO3 7.2 new cf-based image size cache

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sun May 31 11:39:10 CEST 2015

Hi Christian,

Christian Reiter wrote:

> The new cache seems  much more difficult to handle because it lacks the
> filename to access it.
> A great way would be if I could cache->flushByTag() with the filename,
> and both the original and any resized versions derived from an original
> filename could be tagged by that.
> But the new image cache doesn't use tags at all.

Please create issues for that. [*]

The current implementation is clearly wrong. The files should use the
identifier based on the filename (fal identifier) and should be tagged by
the original file identifier, to allow proper cache invalidation.

[*] https://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3cms-core/issues
If you can, please also provide patches: http://wiki.typo3.org/CWT

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!