[TYPO3-dev] Question about TYPO3 7.2 new cf-based image size cache

Christian Reiter cr at cNOSPAMxd.de
Sun May 31 00:35:53 CEST 2015

> Question 1.
> It seems two or more different files that have same mtime and filesize
> will get the same $statusHash and return the same cache entry.

I can now confirm this happens.

2 images, one has 390x390 px, the other 370 x 331.

Both have the same mtime (due to import process), for testing of course
if you touch all images in a folder, they have the same mtime.

Both images work out to the exact same filesize in bytes. (13877)

In testing, both will share an entry in cf_cache_imagesizes even though
they have different dimensions.

What the entry says (390x390 or 370x331) depends on the sequence of
generation. I.e. if I clear everything and then render content elements
in the FE with the smaller one first, cf_cache_imagesizes will have a
single entry with 370x331. Switch the elements and there will be one
entry with 390x390.

Change the mtime of one file - and they will both get their separate
cache entries.