[TYPO3-dev] Backend PDF thumbnails not working

Mark Howells-Mead m.howells-mead at frappant.ch
Tue May 19 17:10:25 CEST 2015

Hi there

I have a problem with a few TYPO3 6.2 installations which is driving me mad. In the frontend, thumbnails are being created from PDFs using GraphicsMagick with no problem. In the Install Tool, the option [GFX][imagefile_ext] is set to the standard gif,jpg,jpeg,tif,tiff,bmp,pcx,tga,png,pdf,ai

When switching to the Filelist view, the option “Display thumbnails” is active. In the affected installations, the files linked as PDF thumbnails are the PDFs themselves, instead of a generated GIF. In other installations with identical settings, it works.

I have spent most of the afternoon Googling this, to no avail. Has anyone encountered this before?

Many thanks for any tips
Mark