[TYPO3-dev] 6.2: Issue with backend module templates after converting sys_template to InnoDB

g4-lisz at tonarchiv.ch g4-lisz at tonarchiv.ch
Fri May 1 02:30:14 CEST 2015

Hello again.

After a lot of testing I found out that, by the update to InnoDB,  the
"default" ordering of the table has changed.

This installation is quite old (6..8 years) and It looks like there were
a lot of deleted rows over time. So MyISAM filled these gaps...

On MyISAM, a select without order by clause returns the primary key UID
in a more or less unordered sequence, like:
UID
3
6
4
7
8
14
10

After moving to InnoDB, the "clean" select returns the rows ordered by
the primary key:
UID
3
4
6
7
8
10
14

Why the heck does this affect anything at all?

Maybe there's a bug in T3 and the 'sorting' field isn't used sometimes?

SELECT sorting, count(*) FROM `sys_template` group by sorting; returned
this:

128                  1
256                35
1024                1
1792                1
 ..
  ..
   ...     all        1
1000000000 21

So some templates which are in the order 256 or 1000000000 should be in
a specific sequence to make things with backend template path work...
Why this? Again, no idea.

At the moment there seems to be no solution make this table work with
InnoDB.
Maybe someone of the experts has a clue?

Cheers,
Till