[TYPO3-dev] Generating a secure PDF download link in Fluid

Mark Howells-Mead m.howells-mead at frappant.ch
Tue Mar 24 18:09:09 CET 2015

Hi there

I’m trying to figure out the Fluid syntax for generating a naw_securedl link (or URL) which will allow a site visitor to download a PDF from a website page.

This Gist shows the two relevant lines, with the assumption that the file has been selected in the backend using a FAL interface and stored in the field {downloadfile1}.

https://gist.github.com/mhmli/817794166874485d3fce

This works on a dev machine, but when I mirror this to an identical environment on the remote server, the generated link is a GIF, not a PDF. This seems to be clear, given that I’m generating the path using f:uri.image.

A simple solution of passing {falObject.url} to f:link.external does generate the link, but (because it’s “external”) it’s not encoded via naw_securedl.

Has anyone managed to get this working?

Thanks for any suggestions
Mark