[TYPO3-dev] Copy records in the backend: Which fields are copied?

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Mar 24 10:29:48 CET 2015

Hi,

On 24/03/2015 09:56, Christian Weiske wrote:
> Who determines which fields are copied when a record is copied and
> pasted in the TYPO3 backend (e.g. a page record)?
>
> In https://forge.typo3.org/issues/65964 a user copied a tt_content
> element, but the value of an additional column is not copied.
> (The column was added through our extension, via
>> t3lib_extMgm::addToAllTCAtypes()
> ).

A lot of people determine that. A few TCA settings that have influence:

- ctrl > copyAfterDuplFields (copy field values from record after which
the copied or moved record was placed)
- ctrl > setToDefaultOnCopy (set field to default value in copy)
- columns > config > eval (for input field, can have a tx_* eval type
which is handled by an extension)

There can be possible hook subscribers which hook in DataHandler (aka
TCEmain) to modify a record before it's stored in the database.

In the User TSconfig it's possible to set TCAdefaults for any field in
any table (combined with the setToDefaultOnCopy it can lead to
surprising results)

... and probably a lot more options to hook somewhere in the process
between hitting the paste button and storing the actual data in the
database.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor