[TYPO3-dev] FileReference vs. File

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Thu Jun 25 16:13:46 CEST 2015

Hi again,

On 2015-06-25 16:06, Bernhard Kraft wrote:

> This avoids any later file processing (See @line 5532) to use data from
> the fileReference object.

Additionally it should get noted that the <f:image> viewHelper passes a
FileReference object to the ->process method and it seems to work quite
fine there:

https://git.typo3.org/Packages/TYPO3.CMS.git/blob/refs/heads/TYPO3_7-3:/typo3/sysext/fluid/Classes/ViewHelpers/ImageViewHelper.php#l105

Additionally I should note that I had to make a image-cropping extension
work with fluid. We are using 6.2. When I checked out the code lines
mentioned above I noticed that image cropping is already available in 7.3.

But it seems it had to get plugged in somehow ugly at multiple places -
instead of just adding it to the ImageProcessing stuff ...

The reason: Because File objects get passed along to the FileProcessing
service. Not FileReference objects ...

greetings,
Bernhard