[TYPO3-dev] TCA field input/datetime with current date as default

Philipp Wrann philippwrann at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 14:53:22 CEST 2015

It seems since TCA is fully cached its not possible anymore to use the current datetime as the default value for new records.

Do we have to use a hook to achieve this from now on or is there some new setting i miss?

Background: Similar to tx_news i have a field called modification_date, which is supposed to store the date the author wants to communicate. So i write a story for christmas on 2015-12-20 and it should hold this date as the modification_date. When i modify the record the next year and refresh the field (to 2016-12-20) this should be visible. So i dont have to write a new content but it looks like...

I cant use the tstamp for this because its also refreshed when i fix some typo or when i sort the record.

I cant use the crdate because it should really hold the crdate and should not be reconfigured.

When i set default => time() the current timestamp is cached in the tca and it results in wrong default values if the system cache has not been invalidated...