[TYPO3-dev] Headless TYPO3 CMS (e.g. RESTful API)

Michael Schams typo3.lists at 2015.trash.schams.net
Thu Jun 4 02:26:41 CEST 2015

Hi TYPO3 devs.

Several of our larger corporate clients have begun to ask us what the
mid to long term plans are for APIs in TYPO3. A "headless" CMS could
provide and receive structured data via a RESTful API for example.

They are looking at projects in Drupal [1] and WordPress [2][3] and
wonder if there are similar plans for TYPO3.

We see a move to use a range of APIs across businesses in a strategic
way and are a little bit concerned that content management systems that
don't provide an API could fall behind their competitors.

We have looked at the TYPO3 extension EXT:rest [4] and while it seems to
do much of what is required, we would like to know if there are any
plans, initiatives or projects to implement such a functionality in the
core?

Cheers
Michael

[1]