[TYPO3-dev] tx_news categories setting by get param

am at break-media.com am at break-media.com
Tue Jul 14 19:05:52 CEST 2015

Hello all,

I'm trying to show on the detail page of tx_news a list of news items
which are in the same category as the current news item.

Is there any solution?

I already tried to add a GET param and use it in Typoscript with
something like:

lib.relatedNews = USER
lib.relatedNews {
  userFunc = TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Core\Bootstrap->run
  extensionName = News
  pluginName = Pi1
  vendorName = GeorgRinger

  switchableControllerActions {
        News {
          1 = list
        }
  }

  settings < plugin.tx_news.settings
  settings {
categories = TEXT
categories.data = GP : test
  }
}

But this does not work either, as tx_news does not recognize a value
for categories with this approach.

I also tried to set disableOverrideDemand=0 and add a
tx_news_pi1[categories] param, also with no luck...

Thanks in advance,

Adrian