[TYPO3-dev] Set up new TYPO3 project with composer

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Wed Jul 1 21:16:12 CEST 2015

Hi!

Hannes Lau wrote:

> Try to use this in your composer.php
> {
> 	"require": {
> 		"typo3/cms": "^7.3"
> 	},
> 	"replace": {
> 		"typo3/cms-composer-installers":"*"
> 	}

This is a bad idea. Really. typo3/cms-composer-installers is required
and will very likely play a central role in the future. Disabling it
like that means being on your own figuring out how to deal with TYPO3
and composer.

We are currently really working hard to improve composer support in
TYPO3 an merged a crutial change, which basically makes it possible to
have arbitrary vendor directories configured in your root composer.json.

In the future, we will evaluate some basic configuration from the extra
section to have a little bit more flexibility in the directory layout.
Until then, you either stick with the recommended directory structure
ore reinvent the wheel for yourself again (if you have enough time to
experiment, the latter is fine of course, but don't expect any support
from our side in this case).

If you want to support our work, feel free to contact us here, via email
or on Slack.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--