[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 7 dependency in extensions

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue Jan 20 19:40:44 CET 2015

Hi Charles,

Charles Brunet wrote:

> What I would suggest would be to be as lax as possible in the dependency
> settings of extensions, but also to add something in the web interface of
> TER to allow people to confirm if this version of the extension is
> compatible or not with a specific version of TYPO3, like a pool. Then, we
> could see something that show if people marked the extension as compatible
> or not with each TYPO3 version. If I remember, I think this is what
> Wordpress does.

That would need to be done for each version. But if an author uploads a new
version he should set the contrains himself.
A small problem here would be, that we need to repackage the extension to
update the version information.

Other than that, this feature is already on our radar, just needs time
and/or sponsoring to be implemented.
https://forge.typo3.org/issues/57228

But the list for TER is very long:
https://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-t3o/issues?query_id=305

Priority for the moment is to update T3o to TYPO3 6.2 LTS (still running on
4.5 LTS).

> I also second the suggestion of bernd wilke to be able to filter out
> extensions by TYPO3 version dependencies. I would be great also if the
> extension manager was able to download only the list of compatible
> extensions (because right now, the MySQL table for the list of extensions
> uses 25 MB on each TYPO3 website I have on my server).

That would need a solr expert who wants to hack away on the T3o
infrastructure.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!