[TYPO3-dev] BE-Module label translation

Philipp Schiffmann p.schiffmann at bitmotion.de
Fri Jan 2 10:03:37 CET 2015

Hi List,

I have written an extbase extension that contains a BE module which has to
work for TYPO3 versions from 4.5 all the way up to 6.2. For localization
I'm using xliff files, and because they were introduced to TYPO3 in version
4.6, I added a dependency to the xliff extension for 4.5. So far everything
works fine.
Except of the label for my BE module, which has to be a localized string
reference in the call to Tx_Extbase_Utility_Extension::registerModule, as
far as I can see. My problem is: I don't want to use a locallang.xml file
for that, but the .xliff files don't work in 4.5. I'd be ok with a static
nontranslated string, as it's a language independent product name anyways,
but I don't know how to accomplish that.

Thanks for your help,
best regards
Philipp