[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 4.5 to 6.2 LTS upgrade

shanmugarajan k shanmugarajan.k at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 11:32:48 CET 2015

Dear group,
Currently I am in progress of upgrading the TYPO3 4.5 to 6.2.

First of all Thanks for the smoothmigration Extention which helps lot to me
the existing and customized extenstio update much easier.

I need to know your feed back for this below queries.

We frequently upgrade the as when if there any security related fixes in
4.5. Now we wanted upgrade to another latest LTS version make our system
more secure,  stable and up-to-date.

As our setup has around 50+ websites in the single installation with more
of the website having multi language website ( single tree).

During the 6.2 upgrade we came to FAL layer feature implemented on
fileadmin folder. So its adviceble to move all the upload related files
under fileadmin folder. But for us, as we are have more websites and each
of them having dedicated /upload folder as well as dedicated /fileadmin
folder.   Also we have customized functionality to store and retrieve the
files respectively.

My question is, as pet the Install tool step suggestion says

1.Migrate all the file relation from tt_content.image and pages.media

2.Migrate file relation of tt_content "uploads"

But we thought it might be requires quite big amount of manual task for us
move all the files and update content to upload/SS to /fileadmin/SS. Also
please note there is already /fileadmin/SS current in use. similarly we
have each for 50websites.  Also we have few customized setup so all the
individual website related extension upload will store the files to
corresponding folders.

So we planning to skip this task. I.e we planning to use same as current
set up for upload contents via / uploads folders setup.

Can you suggest me, if we skip that suggestions what are impacts and is
that way we can still go with 6.2 ? Or is there is any
suggestion/improvements  on the same?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Shan