[TYPO3-dev] Improve EXT:coreapi [Google Summer of Code project]

Sybille Peters peters at rrzn.uni-hannover.de
Wed Feb 11 16:31:34 CET 2015

@Stefano

... I will open feature requests in forge

@Helmut

... I was trying to avoid manually creating scheduler tasks in a (large)
number of recently updated TYPO3 installations. The coreapi functions
are ideal for general maintenance tasks that will automatically run at
night for all TYPO3 instances, whether it is 10 or 1000.  Among those
tasks are:

- "Caching framework garbage collection"
- "System Status Update"
- link validator
- ...

It's possible to run the scheduler tasks automatically, but first, you
need to create them ...

If there are better ways for automatic maintenance concerning TYPO3,
please point me in the right direction.

@Christian

Thanks for the general clarification

Sybille