[TYPO3-dev] Improve EXT:coreapi [Google Summer of Code project]

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Sun Feb 8 22:15:55 CET 2015

Hi Sybille!

Am 06.02.15 um 18:16 schrieb Sybille Peters:

> the coreapi / cli mechanism is very useful for us regarding automating
> general maintenance stuff. A discussion was started last summer
> regarding further features.
>
> I have some more feature wishes / suggestions. Should I post them
> directly in the coreapi forge project or is someone already working on
> some of these?

Thanks for your suggestions!

> generell scheduler tasks:
> - cache garbage collection
> - run linkvalidator
> - generate system report

As a workaround that works *now* you could add these tasks to scheduler,
don't assing an execution time to it and execute these tasks by
specifying the ids of the tasks like that:

typo3/cli_dispatch.phpsh scheduler -i <uidOfTask> -f

In general, for future versions of TYPO3 CMS to deprecate scheduler
tasks in favor of command controllers. Command controllers can be
executed by scheduler already. It absolutely makes not sense to have
slitghtly different implementations of the same thing.

> other
> - add / remove / change a field in LocalConfiguration.

As I needed it myself, I implemented a "remove" in typo3_console.
The problem one faces here is the lack of TYPO3 API to properly handle
these tasks (add / remove / change a field in LocalConfiguration would
work, but the change might be ineffective if you have values set
AdditionalConfiguration.php)

> - update all extension with security patches
> - update extension

yeah, makes sense in some cases. coreapi might be a good place for these
features.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--