[TYPO3-dev] Problem adding a click menu to my extensions elements (in TYPO3 6.2)

Kasper Ligaard kasperligaard+typo3.org at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 22:44:24 CET 2015

I have an extension whose element types are defined in ext_tables.php. I would like the elements to have a click menu, when clicking the icon for an element in the backend 'List' module.

I have attempted to follow this manual page http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/CoreApiReference/6.2/ApiOverview/Examples/ContextualMenu/ and also looked into EXT:examples, which add a menu item to the Pages content element menu.

Does anybody have a piece of code showing how to get a context menu item for elements that are _not_ part of the TYPO3 6.2 Core tables?

PS: The code worked in TYPO3 6.2 alpha (october 2013) but now it doesn't - but I don't get any errors to debug from :-(