[TYPO3-dev] Read-only language for backend user?

Dennis Lümkemann dennis.luemkemann at gmx.de
Tue Dec 15 10:35:12 CET 2015

Hello all,

I’ve got a Typo3 6.2 installation with many languages and translators. The default language is german, as that's the principal editor’s preferred language. Many translators are fine using german as source language, wenn translating the content, but some need to use the english version. These translators have the permission for english and their language. The problem now is, that these editors could also modify the english version, which we would like to avoid.

Is there a way to show an additional language as read-only? The way it is done with the default language?

Thanks
Dennis